Friday, October 28, 2011

12 more weeks??! (Where did the time go?!)

Okay, okay. I know that I started this blog pretty late into my pregnancy, but I'm sure if you were reading this along with me from the beginning you would feel like time has flew too! I know time flies when you're having fun, but apparently it flies a lot faster when you are harvesting a little beebie inside of you!

So I have this app on my phone from an online pregnancy forum that I am on, and every week it sends me notifications saying things like "You're baby is 28 weeks old today!". I like that it notifies me, because even though I'm pretty good at keeping track of my baby's progress, having that ol' pregnancy brain I can get pretty forgetful! It's nice to have that weekly reminder of how many weeks I am. Needless to say, the latest one I got was that my baby is 28 weeks old, and that there are only 12 weeks to go! (well, more or less...but in response to my due date) -- THAT IS CRAZY! 

It's funny, because when I first found out I was pregnant, it all seemed like some dream that one day I will be giving birth and it all seemed so far away. I thought to myself, "Well, that's almost a year away before I'd be pushing a watermelon out of my lady parts!" -- And even over the past 7 months, it still doesn't feel "all that real" to me just yet. But when i read those words.... those eye opening, jaw dropping words... it really set in stone for me! How can it be just 12 weeks away already? Okay, 12 weeks is 3 months but when you say it like that it seems so close! I can't believe how time has just taken over and this year is practically gone, and before I know it there will be another man in my life. My son! 
It really is mind boggling to me. Knowing myself my entire life, my particular way of living, doing things on my own for the most part when I want, how I want. And that all of a sudden have a little something made from you that can completely change your life. I've never really got deep into thought about how babies are born and all that stuff you learn in grade school until I was actually pregnant. It really is mind boggling how it all happens. I won't bore you with the logistics of it all, but it is a completely different outlook, feeling, and idea of how I ever thought of pregnancy. I'm not going to let my mind wonder about how it all really truly happens, all I know is that I couldn't be happier at this point in my life and I can't wait to meet my little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment